Candle Care

Simply Sail is sailing North on another adventure!  We will be open for business as soon as we return!  Thank you so much for your continued support!

 When lighting your 100% Soy Candle for the first time, do not extinguish the candle until the wax melts across the entire surface to the sides of glassware.   This will help prevent tunnelling and creates an even burn. Trim the wick to 1/8 inch before each burn.  This will promote an even burn, steady flame and will help limit sooting and mushrooming of wick. If soot forms on the inside of your glassware, simply extinguish your candle and wait for it to cool. Then wipe with a clean damp cloth or paper towel.  Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.  Always extinguish your candle with a snuffer, or dip the wick into melted wax to eliminate smoking.  Do not blow out the flame.

Our candles use 100% soy wax and emit no black petroleum based soot.  Our fragrances are clean and phthalate free and our wicks are all cotton  

100% Soy Wax

  • Eco-friendly: Allergy friendly.  There are no additives.  The result? Clean burning with no petroleum base.
  • Our soy comes from American farmers backed by American pride.
  • Soy candles are for the environment: Once the candle has burned to the bottom, you can scrape out the rest of the wax and repurpose the glass! The wax is safe enough to eat!
  •  Soy candles burn for 30-50% longer than paraffin or paraffin blends. Remember a soy blend is still a mixture using some paraffin wax and is definitely not suitable for burning.

Soy-Paraffin Blend Wax

  • Blends are a way for companies to be able to use the word soy in their candles. 
  • Blends still contain petroleum based paraffin which has been known to cause certain types of cancer or birth defects.

Paraffin Wax

  • Known to create the cancer-causing carcinogens bezene and toluene.  These are the same toxins found in diesel fuel.
  • Burns very quickly with great scent throw.  Paraffin wax is less costly and is often not made in the USA.  Our candles are hand poured on Johns Island, S.C.
  • Paraffin is not safe for human consumption or inhalation.  Adverse reactions can include nausea, vomiting, headaches or even benzene pollution which can lead to lung cancer.